timesnewroman 



HOME

ARCHIVES


So what is timesnewroman? It's not the font, rather my take on the age we live in. The USA is the new Rome and the times we live in are timesnewroman.

Alan Johnston banner



Check me out!

email me

Upgrade to Firefox 1.5!

Put your virtual pin on the tnrworld map

Union Label

Click here to find out why.

Chicken Omelette, Nae Peas

Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!

dearraed

occupied country

notes from somewhere bizarre

lefty links

::PERSPECTIVE::

Bloggerheads

Of Course

Blue Tealeaf

Beyond Obscurity

GenXat40

Something

Supermum

alfred the ok

spacehardware

Our Man In Hanoi

I don't believe it

Inveresk Street Ingrate

the big blowdown

cottage hospital bulletin

Apostate Windbag

SMIDSY

The man who fell asleep

emchi

Life In Print

Counago and Spaves

Jane's Life is All Cobblers

Shrine of the blind winger Jones

rullsenbergrules

Radioactive

Renegade Eye

Tubthumper

McManus

Manuel Stimulation

Life Under Muddled Stars

Flew in from Miami Beach BOAC

Hopscotch/Rayuela

Ranting 'n' Raving

Glasgow Kisses

Scottish Blogs

< # Blogging Brits ? >

Bare Your Bum at Bush! timesnewroman is listening to: Tiken Jah Fakoly, Arctic Monkeys, Biffy Clyro, Kings of Leon, Bloc Party, Led Zeppelin, Jimi, Franz Ferdinand, Youssou N'Dour, The Strokes, REM, The Kings of Leon, Curtis Mayfield, Jefferson Airplane, The Trashcan Sinatras, Jeff Buckley, Phil Ochs, Stan Kenton, The Smiths, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Mogwai, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, The Zombies and Orange Juice amongst many others.

timesnewroman may be wearing a green shirt today

 

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Happy Birthday June!


Done it again haven't I Posted by Picasa

This is extremely brave of me. I may have to watch my back for sometime as this young woman is fed up with me sticking her face on leaflets and the internet from the age of 2 upwards! It was her birthday yesterday and she invited us to it which was nice considering. A great time was had by all. My one regret is that the camera batteries died on us which meant we couldn't have the same immense fun we had the last time we went to the Golf Hotel. You see there's a speed camera on the way home from the hotel and if you get really drunk you can hang around it and take photos of cars as they pass. Keeps the streets a damn sight safer I say.

Further fun was had on the way home from work. Bloody demonstrators demonstrating on the George V bridge and generally causing traffic chaos and gridlock all because they want to save the planet from global warming. So I can't get the bus and have to walk. Not only do I have to walk but I have to take a bloody big detour. To make matters worse I get caught up in amongst a large line of foul smelling, long haired bedraggled hippy types with rainbow flags and black flags and drums and expensive looking cameras and I'm really beginning to think that this lot are just the sons and daughters of the middle classes taking their summer break from uni to have a good time and party before settling down to a life of comfort without a hint of the poverty that surrounded them when they set off from Glasgow's East End. Still I'm sure their hearts are in the right place and I'm only a bit bolshy because I was mildly inconvenienced at the end of a long hard (okay okay less of the exaggeration) day.

posted by timesnewroman at 2:31 PM  

0 comments




Who links to me?
According to the "Which Big Lebowski character are you?" quiz:


Why don't you check it out? Or we cut of your Johnson!

You are .html You are versatile and improving, but you do have your limits.  When you work with amateurs it can get quite ugly.
Which File Extension are You?


Take the 100 Acre Personality Quiz!